torstai 14. kesäkuuta 2012

A taste of Greece.

My appetizer: Tsatsiki.

Katja and Kikka took this.
My main course: mix souvlaki with extra tsatsiki.

Hi!


Today me, Katja and our neighbour Kikka went eating to a Greek restaurant called Thalassa. It is situated in Herttoniemenranta aside the sea so Katja and I walked there (it took about 30 minutes). I ate tsatsiki with pita bread for appetizer and then mix souvlaki for the main course (with extra tsatsiki!). As you can probably guess, I love love love tsatsiki, surprise surprise. I tried making one one day, but we didn't have yoghurt so it turned out awful. My mom brought me this tsatsiki spice a while ago as a souvenir. Well, back to Thalassa, I also took a glass of the house's red wine which was quite good. The sun was shining beautifully the whole day, even though the sea wind was quite cold sitting outside. 


Previously the same day, we went to the woods to sunbathe. We took Tessa with us and she enjoyed being free in the woods although it was a bit too hot for her. Fortunately she found a shadowy grass to lie on. I had some coffee with me and I read today's Helsingin Sanomat and then tried to read my exam book but it didn't turn out well. Good try anyhow. Katja invited Kikka and Pipsa to join us because Tessa was a bit bored on her own while we were tanning. They came a bit later on and Tessa got her stick-pulling company.

After that we came home and decided to go jogging. I wasn't that excited because I was hungry and a bit cranky too, but luckily Katja talked me into it. Katja and I have never jogged together so we both had our prejudices how it would turn out to be. But it went quite well, we both had our own iPods and each time one of us was about to quit and start walking, she couldn't because the other one was still running. In the end, Katja quit running after 22 minutes or so when we had run approximately 3.48 km. Then we walked the way home. The whole trip was about 5km long. Then later on we walked to the restaurant so we got more "exercise" from that, too. Now we're both sore (I was already) so we're walking looking like Hunchback of Notre Dame. Going down the stairs is probably the last move you'll want to make when your thigh muscles are sore. Fortunately we live in the lowest floor so we only have a couple of steps down. :D

BTW, the results I was expecting from the minor exam came this morning. I didn't got in, yet. I didn't fail the test but didn't got enough points either. I guess I have to try again in December when the next exam will be held. I don't know how am I going to motivate myself into it... We'll see. I also thought about applying to Finnish language but the next time they have an exam is next summer. So I guess I have time to think. As a combination, English and Finnish isn't that good for a teacher but sure it would be better than just English since Finnish teachers are always needed. And I have always liked Finnish and literature. I study comparative literature as one of my minors. Another piece of news, Katja got the job at Hellu, so she will be continuing in the same school but only until February. I'm really happy for her, but she doesn't seem that happy herself. Maybe that's because she is so anxious about graduating and then again has a job only till February. But it's something alright!

Tomorrow I have to go to work again, an eight-hour work shift. It's quite hard to think about it since I've had so many days off. Wouldn't feel like going to work again.. Oh, I forgot to mention, Katja also is beginning a blog at the moment. She is going to write an exercise blog in the hope of getting into shape again. Hopefully it helps me to get in shape too!

This is not going chronologically at all, but I probably have to say something about yesterday evening too. After the meeting at work, I came home and started cleaning up. I washed dishes, wiped tables, Katja vacuumed and I washed the floors. A bit past seven o'clock, Kikka and Pipsa came and we started barbecuing. We ended up having a fun night, Kikka drinking her non-alcoholic beers and white wine.

I have gotten work requests (I'm a figure skating judge during the season) for autumn for different figure skating events. There are a couple of international figure skating competitions where I'll enjoy judging every year and fortunately they invited me there again.

Had a really nice day today being out. :) Especially when I know that I'll be inside the next two days working. Sometimes it's good to be outdoors, get some fresh air and vitamin D!

Stay tuned,
Nea

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti